Children’s Palace Montessori Preschool and Daycare was founded in 2004.
We are a fully licensed facility, registered and recognized by the Ministry of Education. Our teachers are Early Childhood trained with the focus of providing a safe learning environment for your children. Children’s Palace Montessori, Preschool and Daycare offers three programs; Toddlers (18 months to 23 months), Preschool (3 years to 4 years) and Preschool (5 years to 6 years). We are nestled in the community of Clarkson within Mississauga, just steps away from the GO station and easy access to the QEW. There is free parking on-site for Drop-off and Pick up.
We are steadfast in our mission, which is to provide the best possible education and care for your children. We follow the Montessori Philosophy of Education which seeks as its goal, an independent, self-directed child. Our program fosters the development of responsibility, collaboration, co-operation and enjoyment of learning. Specially designed Montessori materials are integrated with other developmentally appropriate activities to provide the child with progressive learning in the areas of Practical Life, Sensory, Math, Language and Cultural Activities.
Along with the Montessori philosophy of education, another philosophy of our Centre is an approach to Emergent Curriculum which takes place in the toddler and younger preschool programs as a transition to the Montessori preschool. Teachers and children share a friendly environment based on trust and fairness. The teachers are also facilitators and their main role is to promote children’s curiosity and interest, enhance their creativity, initiative and independence. Interaction with the environment, teachers as a role model and relationships based in love and trust are the key concepts to develop an educational method, which allows children to choose and initiate their own activities.
Music, Visual Arts, Science, Mathematics, Literacy and Sensory activities are the main components of the curriculum that focuses on all areas of development according to the ages of the children. Curriculum and programming, as well as interactions and physical environment, follow a holistic view of the child. Diversity, uniqueness and equality are observed through an anti-bias and inclusive approach where every child is treated as a unique individual and at the same time every child is included in the program as part of a group.
For a detailed list of Children’s Palace Montessori and Daycare Policies, please click below
Hours and Days of Operation
- Monday: 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Friday: 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
- January: New Year’s Day
- February: Family Day
- April: Good Friday and Easter Monday
- May: Victoria Day
- July: Canada Day
- August: Civic Holiday
- September: Labor Day
- October: Thanksgiving Day
- December: Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Toddler Program: 18 months to 3 years
- Preschool Program:
- Junior group: from 3 to 4 years
- Senior group: from 4 to 5 years
- Infants: We are not currently accepting infants
Child Care Benefit
We are an approved child care space eligible for child care subsidies offered by the Region of Peel
Please visit Peel Region’s Child Care subsidy site to verify eligibility and to apply for the child care subsidy.
To apply, you must:
- be living in Peel with your child or children, aged 0-12 years
- have a full-time or part-time job, or be attending school or classes
- have filed your previous year’s income tax return
- Licensed and Operated under the Ministry of Education (Annually Audited)
- Frequently Inspected by Region of Peel – Public Health department
- Recognized and Participant “Raising the Bar” – Peel Child Development Resource Connection
- Awarded and Recognized by “Community Living Mississauga”
- Participant in “Journey Together” – The Indigenous Network
We are Located in Mississauga!
We are at 820 Southdown Road at the major intersection of Lakeshore Blvd and Southdown. We are approximately 1km away from the Clarkson GO station and are accessible off the QEW (Mississauga Road exit).
Our Facility is a fully licensed daycare centre inspected and regulated by the Ministry of Education. Safety of your children is of the utmost priority to our staff and teachers. We ensure that the ratio of teachers to children with the regulations set forth by the Ministry. Our centre is a standalone building and features a fully fenced playground and outdoor space with free parking on-site for pickup and drop-offs.
Check out our facility photos below